Saturday, March 3, 2012

Life at our House

Updates
We've had some great weather and my husband became ambitious and dug up a corner of the back yard for garden. Because of the warmer weather we planted a tomato plant. As time goes by we will add to that little patch.
I bought 10 strawberry plants that were suitable for hanging baskets and planted them. It seemed that the baskets dried out too soon so I replanted them in a large footed planter. Only time will tell if  I set them back. I thought flowing strawberries would look better in the footed planter.
We are enjoying the lettuce and spinach in the long box. The radishes are getting bigger.
There is anticipation in looking forward to planting more garden and flowers in the future.
The ladies in my congregation are working very hard to prepare for a ladies day soon. We are all excited as this the first ever event we have had. I hope that if you are in the area and will contact me, I will give you details. Would love to have you come.
We made a walking trip to the Attic Reruns today and found a couple of items we couldn't live without. They with $1.00.
That wasn't the case when we walked to the nearby Bealls department store on the way home. My walking shoes were getting pretty worn so needed to replace them. I found a pair on sale that fit great. While I was looking I found a pair of dress shoes. With two 20% off  coupons, both shoes were on sale, and buy one pair  get the second pair are half off. The total bill was $50. The lady in the shoe department was so sweet. Bless her heart.  My feet will be happy, therefore I will be too.
Have a great weekend.
Hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment