Thursday, March 15, 2012

Life at our House

Beautiful Spring Weather
It is beautiful spring weather here. All winter has been very good walking weather. Today during our walk I saw butterflies. What a treat. Different colors and sizes. As I sat on my front porch today dragonflies were buzzing around. I've refilled the bird feeder on the front porch and enjoy watching the birds. The bird bath is close by. Today while on the porch a dove pair were at the bird bath. I did put my hummingbird feeder up although it may be about 3 weeks early.
Our roses are blooming. Enjoy flowers as they bloom and show off their color.
With the warmer weather the human species seems to be shedding clothing. At times it is embarrassing to me to view lots of bare skin, cleavage and tattoos.
We have planted a few vegetable seeds and plants in the patch my husband dug up. Tomatoes, green peppers, radishes, and green beans are a few. I have a few pots planted with cucumber, patio tomato, green pepper, leaf lettuce, spinach, strawberries, radishes, and onions

We have been eating a few radishes and I have cut leaf lettuce and spinach twice. The spinach has been cut occasionally for an addition to scrambled eggs too.Yum.
Stay tuned as I have many projects and subjects to post.
A few of them are

  • Recycling Aluminum cans
  • Garbage along the roadsides, streets, and school campuses.
  • Sewing tote bags to eliminate the accumulation of those plastic shopping bags.
  • Service project underway. Making pillowcases for local nursing homes. 
  • Future recipes.
  • Modesty.
I hope you are enjoying the spring weather where you live.
Shirley



1 comment: