Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Christian Family

Ladies Day
I am so thankful for our ladies day that  I was involved in last weekend. It was a big success. It rained Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Saturday was the event and we were pleasantly surprised that many ladies took the time to come.

It was a team effort. Many of the sisters in Christ worked on details, prepared food to bring, and attended from our own congregation. We have been so uplifted by this experience.
Our speaker was wonderful. The topic was Overcoming Worldliness in the church and Overcoming Worldliness in our lives. She spoke from 1 Peter 1-5.

I will remember for a long while Matthew 25 about the story of the talents left with the servants while their master was on a journey. Each servant took care of the treasure the way they determined.When the master returns he inquires about his talents. The speaker asks a question for us,  if we were one of those servants would we be able to say to the master "Your fortune is safe with me", which is a quote from the Ben Hur movie. We receive a treasure when we are obedient to the gospel. We receive eternal life and become a child of God, which cannot be taken away unless we become disobedient and reject God.
Matthew 6:19-21
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Luke 12:16-21

  And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.


Ken and I are so thankful for our Christian family as well as our biological family.

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment