Saturday, March 3, 2012

Recipe

Spicy Chicken Enchilada
COOKING CHICKEN ON A BUDGET
Whole chickens were on sale at the store for $.98 a pound. As with the rump roast in a previous post I put it in my roaster with a small amount of water (½ cup or so) and set the oven for 250 degrees and baked chicken was ready for Sunday dinner with potatoes, a vegetable and a salad. I put 3 cut up celery stocks and ½ of an onion sliced to add to the chicken while baking. I also added salt and pepper for seasoning. It takes 3 hours or so as this chicken was still frozen.

That chicken lasted for two additional meals during the week for just the two of us. We had chicken BBQ sandwiches one evening and I prepared a Spicy Chicken Enchilada Casserole for the last of the chicken from the BettyCrocker.com website. It makes a 9x13 dish. (Next time it will be divided into 3 parts. Two for freezing.)

I used to collect recipe books and have 2 recipe boxes with recipes as well as books and folders with saved recipes. They are not organized and it is frustrating to hunt for a specific recipe that I've used in the past. That is one of my future projects to do sort and organize the recipes I want to keep. I have two online sources for recipes. Betty Crocker.com is an excellent source for recipes. I signed up as a member, it's free, and am able to type what I have on hand and it gives me a choice of recipes. That is so handy. As an online member of Weight Watchers.com with a small monthly cost per month I have all sorts of resources available. One of them is recipes. It is a great resource for healthy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment