Saturday, September 29, 2012

Update on Serger

I have my serger back!!! I love it and hope I can do some cool sewing on this machine. Thanks to Randy Cole at http://abcsew.com/ for fixing it.
I have already done a pillow case.
There is a group on Facebook where you can post problems, triumphs, and questions and I find that sergers are an interesting machine and it doesn't matter if you've spent $1200 or $100,  there are problems. I am so thankful for this group, Mr. Randy Cole, and my friends Aline and her daughter Karen for helping in my situation.
I was down in the dumps when I found out through my conversation with the repairman that I may have just wasted my money on a garage sale item. I decided to have him look at it and see if it was worth fixing. It was fixed in a timely manner, works great, and was told  that I had made a wise investment and this was a nice machine. My emotions were low to high in a short time.
I'm still of the opinion that if you find a bargain at a garage sale, check it out before you hand over money. If you have someone with knowledge, call them up and ask. With cell phones and pictures it's easy.
Check back often. I plan to do more sewing in the coming months.
Thanks for stopping by.
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment