Monday, June 11, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon Roll
Baked Cinnamon rolls are a treat at our house. I acquired a recipe for Butter Horn Pecan Rolls in a class i was taking at the YWCA many years ago. I've used the recipe for cinnamon rolls.

BUTTER HORN PECAN ROLLS

3 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening, melted     I use butter
2 pkgs yeast, I use 5 teaspoons of loose yeast
1 cup scalded milk
1/4 warm water
4 cups flour

METHOD: Soften yeast in 1/4 c warm water. Mix beaten eggs, salt, melted shortening, sugar and cooled milk. Beat in 1-1/2 cup flour.
Add softened yeast. Beat. Add the rest of the flour. Beat. Let rise in a greased bowl, cover with a little shortening. Cover the bowl with a towel.
When doubled I roll out on a floured surface and make a rectangle with the dough. You may have to divide the dough in half and roll out half of the dough. The rectangle or oval should be approximately 1/4 inch thick.
Spread the rolled out dough with softened butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar or sugar. I used Sucanat. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up to have a long roll. I use sewing thread doubled to cut my roll into rolls 1-2 inches thick.  Be sure to keep track of your string. I lost mine in the dough and had to find it. Line up in a pan to allow for rising. I had the caramel sauce in the pan before putting in the rolls.

BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE

1/4 cup oleo or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cream   I used milk
1 tablespoon corn syrup    I did not use this and recipe was fine.
Melt  above ingredients and pour equal amounts in greased muffin tins with pecans. 

Bake Cinnamon Rolls at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. I checked after 15 minutes 
Plain Butter Horn Rollls bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees.


Baked Cinnamon Rolls and Sticks with Cinnamon Sugar

Raising Cinnamon Rolls

Makes Me Hungry

Rolled up Dough


No comments:

Post a Comment