Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Month of May

Well, May is almost over and it has been a busy month for us. I've been helping more at the Resale shop. We had a gospel meeting the first week of May and I had a Ladies Night Out at my house last week. Whew. Oh and Mother's Day. My sons surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and a plant. Thank you guys.


We are enjoying vegetables that were planted and look forward to more this summer. I've learned some things about container planting. One of my planters has too many plants in it. When planning what I want to plant I get carried away with plans. It has been fun.

We planted two rose bushes in the flower bed out front and it looks like both are going to bloom. The pansies were covered up by the petunias. The petunias are gorgeous but they spread out a lot. I want to plan flowers that make good bouquets in the future. That will take some doing to figure out what grows well in this area.
We have a couple of ravens who frequent the bird bath and soak their food.



We are looking forward to family moving closer to us soon. Our oldest son is moving this way. We are looking forward to spending more time with our boys and our daughter-in-law.

I have found a blog that is so neat. This lady is so creative. http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/ . See if you agree. I made up the aphid spray today and hope the aphid problem with my plants will improve.

It is Memorial Day weekend and hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Let us not forget what we are observing and remember those who have lost their life for us.
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment