Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Service Project


Material for a Service Project

And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6: 9-10

As part of the weekly Gratituesday theme by Heavenly Homemakers.com, I'm posting an activity I am involved in to serve others. As an American Christian woman I enjoy sharing my talents and desire to be a light to others in the world. We live in a land of plenty and I am so thankful for that ability to share.

It is a good thing for Christian women to gather and work on a service project and share time together. For those ladies who could stay after Ladies Bible Class last week, and brought their sewing machines and supplies, cut and sewed material for pillowcases. Some stayed to help.

I get excited when I see fabric. I am so thankful that I have that excitement. We spent time using our ability to sew pillowcases for the residents of local nursing homes. 

I'm thankful that the Elders of our congregation are endorsing and encouraging the women on this project and of course our husbands for allowing us to spend time together.

 3 Finished Pillowcases

3 Soon to Finished Pillowcases
A stack of pillowcases soon began to appear but because we are busy women, we packed our machines, supplies, and our fabric up to work on at home and look forward to finding another opportunity to work together again on this project or another worthy project.  I am anxiously waiting to see how those residents will react to all the colorful pillowcases they will be using in their rooms soon.

Shirley
www.lamptomyfeet.org
http://greatsongschapel.org/?page_id=1317#comment-9970

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment