Saturday, September 29, 2012

Time




James 4:13-14
13  Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"--
14  yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.


When you are working it seems that thoughts of retirement would include lots of time to do whatever you wanted to do. WRONG.
No matter what your stage in life, as long as we are living and breathing on this earth, we are controlled by time.
My week at times is very busy and I wonder what I did that week that was not scheduled in. Facebook is great for keeping in touch with friends and family but I am finding that the games on the website are major time wasters. Involved in these games are "things" you work for that involve asking your friends or other "gamers" for gifts. Many times these gifts lead to more gifts. You acquire land, buildings, and etc. Total waste of time.
As I pondered the time I have wasted, I also see friends who are playing these games and the only time there is contact with me on Facebook is to "brag" (part of the game) about a conquest or request something.
I deleted my apps to these games and plan to use my time wisely.
I hope you will evaluate where you are spending your time. I hope it is to encourage, teach, and share as the above Bible verse says "What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

Shirley



No comments:

Post a Comment